This is a semi-regular posting whereby I glean newsy bits from various news sources. These are items which I deem that have a thread to something prophetic. I think it important to keep well informed to many of the stories that are largely overlooked by the mainstream media. I hope that you agree:
In Pictures: Thousands of Iranian Soldiers Stage Mock siege of Temple Mount
Jerusalem Post by Daniel Roth November 21, 2015 and Reuters
Constructing a plastic replica of the al-Aksa Mosque and Dome of the Rock, Iranian media reports tens of thousands of soldiers staged exercises dubbed “Towards the Holy City”
Thousands of Iranian paramilitary forces participated in mock exercises simulating the capture of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, Iran’s semi-official FARS news agency reported Friday.
Constructing a plastic replica of the al-Aksa Mosque and dome of the Rock, “Tens of thousands of soldiers staged exercises dubbed “Towards the Holy City”
The FARS report added that the drills involved over 120 Basij battalions, in which fighter-jets bombed targets in the desert and dozens of gun-wielding squadrons representing IDF soldiers guarding Shrine replica.
FARS quoted one Basij commander as saying the drills were organized “to exercise preparedness to fight against possible threats in the region.”
Basij fighters are a volunteer arm of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and have been arriving in Syria to reinforce Syrian government troops in an offensive in the contested northern city of Aleppo and other insurgent-held areas.
Last month, Iran held a public funeral for one Basij senior paramilitary fighter after he was fatally wounded in battle in Northern Syria. Nader Hamid died in a Syrian hospital last week of gunship wounds sustained in a gun battle, Iranian agencies reported.
Iran says it has military advisers and volunteers in Syria but denies having a conventional force on the ground and says it is supporting the Syrian Army against Islamic State insurgents. Russia, which is carrying out airstrikes with Syrian based jets, says the same.
Liberia sees new case of Ebola after country declared Virus Free
A new case of Ebola emerged in Liberia on Friday in a setback for the country declared free of the disease on Sept. 3 and for the region, which is struggling to end an epidemic that has killed around 11,300 people.
The patient is a 10-year-old boy who lived with his parents and three siblings in Paynesville, a suburb east of the capital Monrovia, said Minister of Health Minister Bernice Dahn.
All six family members, as well as other high risk contacts, were in care at an Ebola Treatment Unit in Paynesville, Dahn said.
“The hospital is currently decontaminating the unit. All of the healthcare workers who came in contact with the patient have been notified,” she said told a news conference.
“We know how Ebola spreads and we know to stop Ebola but we must remain vigilant and work together,” she said.
Bruce Aylward, who leads the Ebola response for the U.N. World Health Organization, said the patient had no history of contact with an Ebola survivor or victim.
“The family obviously is at particular risk and are being investigated right now because two of the siblings have been unwell over the last two days so they are also being investigated,” he told a news conference in Geneva.
Liberia has seen more than 10,600 cases of the disease and 4,808 Ebola deaths since it was first announced in March, 2014, according to WHO figures.
The virus has killed about 11,300 people in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, but Sierra Leone was declared free of the virus on Nov. 7 and Guinea has begun its countdown to the end of the virus.
The 42-day countdown to be declared Ebola-free starts when the last patient tests negative a second time, normally after a 48-hour gap following their first negative test.
(Additional reporting by Matthew Mpoke Bigg in Accra and Tom Miles in Geneva; Editing by Dominic Evans)
Read more at https://www.trunews.com/new-ebola-case-hits-liberia-after-country-declared-virus-free/#xocKELpARqiOsF7d.99New
Greece Gets 2 billion Euros from Euro Zone bailout fund.
The European Stability Mechanism (ESM) authorized on Monday the disbursement of a further tranche of emergency loans to Greece worth 2 billion euros after Athens met all the necessary conditions.
“This decision follows the Greek government’s completion of the first set of milestones,” the euro zone bailout fund said in a statement. “The disbursement approved today will primarily be used for debt service, as well as for arrears clearance and co-financing projects funded by EU structural funds.”
Read more at https://www.trunews.com/greece-gets-2-billion-euros-from-euro-zone-bailout-fund/#a5k6iBDzTgDPZhQp.99
Iran’s leader calls US regional policies a threat to Tehran and Moscow
Iran’s supreme leader, at a meeting with Russian President Putin in Tehran on Monday, said U.S. policies in the region were a threat to both countries and called for closer ties between Tehran and Moscow.
“The Americans have a long-term plot and are trying to dominate Syria and then the whole region…This is a threat to all countries, especially Russia and Iran,” Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said at the meeting on the sidelines of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) Summit in Tehran, according to the state news agencies.
“The United states is trying to achieve its failed military objectives in Syria now through political means,” he added, referring to proposed peace talks to end the civil war in Syria.
(Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
Read more at https://www.trunews.com/irans-leader-calls-u-s-regional-policies-a-threat-to-tehran-and-moscow/#zjFxl0BarjR7PWQF.99
Poland: Upwards of 150,000 People Came out to Defend Christianity AGAINST the Muslim Invasion
Shoebat Foundation Nov.21,2015
Father Jacek Miedlar’s rousing sermon to prticipants of the March for Independence in Nov. calling to defend Christianity in Poland in the wake of the Islamic invasion of Europe. According to police, at least 70,000 people took part in the rally while several unofficial figures reach 150,000.
Report: Canada to bar entry to single refugees from Syria
Jerusalem Post- Reuters-November 23, 2015
Canada will limit refugees accepted into the country to women, children and families only, according to a CBC report.
Sources told the Canadian news network that “to deal with some ongoing concerns around security, unaccompanied men seeking asylum will not be part of the program.”
According to the report, in the last six weeks alone, Canadian authorities have managed to screen about 100 people a day in Lebanon and the Canadian government has been silent about the security screening it is doing
Canada was set to release details this week concerning its pledge to take in 25,000 refugees from Syria by the end of the year, Immigration Minister John McCallum said on Friday.
The promise became a significant component of the new Liberal government’s election campaign, but since the attacks in Paris last week, questions have been raised as to whether the government will be able to bring that number of refugees to Canada quickly and safely.
Syrian Nationals with Stolen Greek passports caught trying to Enter U.S., Police Say.
Police in Honduras caught five Syrians who were trying to make their way to the United States with stolen and doctored passports, a law enforcement spokesman for the Central American country said Wednesday.
Police spokesman Anibal Baca told the Associated Press the men were detained on Tuesday at the Tegucigalpa International Airport on an alert from Interpol about the passports.
He said the international organization followed the group from Syria, to Lebanon and Turkey, then on to Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica and Honduras.
There was no indication that the men were suspected of anything except carrying stolen Greek passports to the Central American nation, according to Baca, who added that the men indicated they planned to travel to the United States.
At least one suspect in Friday’s massacre had reportedly entered Europe with a fake Syrian passport.
Honduras is a common route for migrants trying to reach the United States, but it’s unlikely the men would have been able to enter the U.S. with the stolen passports. U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers scan the passports of each traveler and have access to information about stolen passports.
Europeans are generally allowed to freely travel to the United States as residents of so-called visa waiver countries, but they are still must seek permission to travel to the U.S. through the Homeland Security Department’s Electronic System for Travel Authorization, or ESTA.
The ESTA system is used to verify that travelers from countries that aren’t required to apply for a visa are eligible to visit the U.S.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
(CBSDFW.COM) –Attorneys representing Ahmed Mohamed and his family want an apology and $15 million in damages after his arrest in September.
The former MacArthur High School freshman was accused of bringing an item that looked like a bomb to school. It turned out to be a clock.
The attorneys have sent letters to both the City of Irving and Irving ISD (read below), demanding $10 million and $5 million respectively, for the way the incident was handled earlier this year. They claim 14-year-old Ahmed has suffered severe damages as a result of his interrogation and arrest at the school. They also point the finger at Irving’s Police Chief and Mayor for the way they portrayed Ahmed to the media once the story gained international interest.
The attorneys claim that both the school district and the police department violated Ahmed’s rights, which led to a chain of events that ultimately forced the family to move out of the country to Doha, Qatar. The family wants to return to Irving, Texas, when they feel safe again, according to the letters.
Several hardships are spelled out in the nine-page letter to the school district, which states, “Ahmed’s reputation in the global community is permanently scarred.” Among the damages his attorney’s claim include: Ahmed’s face being super-imposed onto a famous image of Osama bin Laden, Ahmed being portrayed as a clock boy on a Halloween costume website, and Ahmed’s address being tweeted out, which forced his family to leave their home.
In the days after his arrest, support poured in from across the world for Ahmed.President Barack Obama invited Ahmed to attend the White House and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and a NASA scientist also voiced their support. The hashtag – #IStandWithAhmed – was trending on the day of his arrest.
The week of the incident, an Irving ISD spokesperson said the district supported Ahmed’s English teacher’s action when she confiscated the homemade clock.
“A teacher heard beeping in her classroom, and then this device was brought to her. So, what she saw was a case with exposed wires and a timer attached to it,” said Lesley Weaver, director of communications for the Irving ISD. “She did the right thing. She followed the correct procedures. She involved the school resource officer and school administrators.”
Experts say it’s only a Matter of Time before the “Big One” Shakes
KFOR.com Channel 4 News Oklahoma City by Leslie Rangel Nov. 23, 2015
OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma is no longer known as the state where the wind comes sweeping down the plains. Now, the Sooner State also leads the world in seismic activity.
This year, more than 5, 000 earthquakes have been recorded and studied in our state. Residents have become accustomed to the little shaking, rattling and rolling.
However, experts say earthquakes in Oklahoma will likely increase in magnitude over time.
Now, research said it’s only a matter of time before we get a big one that will change life for those of us living here.
Oklahoma hit by Noteworthy M 4.7 Earthquake Forecast Area Hit
The earthquake forecast issued on November 17, 2015 specifically told the region to be prepared for near M5.0 earthquake activity.
Why were we watching for larger earthquake activity to strike Oklahoma this week? Simply summed up, we were watching for near M5.0 activity because a large amount of seismic pressure was transferring across the craton (plate) from other regions to the West.
Oklahoma had a 2 day warning before this event occurred.
See the warning for near M5.0 earthquake activity to strike Oklahoma this week here: